Certificate in Islamic Studies and Arabic
There is a thirst that may never be quenched, a sea with unending waters… but its true seekers are never satisfied. Relentless in their efforts, these men and women are keen on its discovery. Yes, this is the path of the seekers of the divine, sacred knowledge of Islam.
In an attempt to provide these hungry souls with a taste of their quest, we have packaged a course which will chalk the path of their journeys.
This is in the form of an intensive course in the sacred sciences through the medium of mastering its key which is the Arabic language; the language of the original texts.
– An intense study of Qur’ānic Arabic which should enable one to fully comprehend classical texts
– A study of the texts of the Glorious Qur’ān, pristine Sunnah [Prophetic Traditions], sacred Islamic law and other Islamic disciplines in their original language of Arabic
– Themes-based functional Arabic focusing on the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
The following subjects will be covered in this course:
• Koranic Exegesis [Tafsīr]
• Prophetic Traditions [Hadīth Texts]
• Hadith Methodology [Muṣṭalaḥ al-Ḥadīth]
• Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence [Uṣūl al-Fiqh]
• Islamic Law [Fiqh]
• Islamic Doctrine & Beliefs [Aqīdah]
• An Introduction to the Islamic Sciences
• Koranic Recitation [al-Tajwīd]
• Islamic History [al-Tārīkh al-Islāmī]
• Arabic Literature [al-Adab al-Arabī]
• Arabic Rethoric [Balāghah]
• Functional Arabic Arabic Morphology [Ṣarf]
• Arabic Grammar [Naḥw]
Duration of the Course: Four to Five Years [the course consists of 34 modules that must be completed by the student to obtain the certificate]
Tuition Times: Fluctuate according to modules. Most live classes will take place in the mornings [06h30 – 07h30 GMT+2] and evenings [19h30 – 20h30 GMT+2]. Recordings are available for all lessons.
Weely Time Commitment: About six hours for live lessons or to watch their recordings and another one to three hours for review, homework and consolidation
Cost: R1750 per Semester [in total]. R500 is payable upon registration and the balance could be paid within three months thereafter.
Application Fee: R50 [Non-Refundable]
The Medium of Tuition: Please visit the ‘How our courses work’ page on the homepage.
The applicant must be able to recite the Holy Qur’an in its original text of Arabic correctly without understanding. No previous knowledge of Arabic is required.
High Speed Internet and an Audio Headset