Certificate in Islamic Studies and Arabic
There is a thirst that may never be quenched, a sea with unending waters… but its true seekers are never satisfied. Relentless in their efforts, these men and women are keen on its discovery. Yes, this is the path of the seekers of the divine, sacred knowledge of Islam.
In an attempt to provide these hungry souls with a taste of their quest, we have packaged a course which will chalk the path of their journeys.
This is in the form of an intensive course in the sacred sciences through the medium of mastering its key which is the Arabic language; the language of the original texts.
– An intense study of Qur’ānic Arabic which should enable one to fully comprehend classical texts
– A study of the texts of the Glorious Qur’ān, pristine Sunnah [Prophetic Traditions], sacred Islamic law and other Islamic disciplines in their original language of Arabic
– Themes-based functional Arabic focusing on the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
The following subjects will be covered in this course:
• Koranic Exegesis [Tafsīr]
• Prophetic Traditions [Hadīth Texts]
• Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence [Uṣūl al-Fiqh]
• Islamic Law [Fiqh]
• Islamic Doctrine & Beliefs [Aqīdah]
• An Introduction to the Islamic Sciences
• Koranic Recitation [al-Tajwīd]
• Arabic Literature [al-Adab al-Arabī]
• Arabic Rethoric [Balāghah]
• Functional Arabic Arabic Morphology [Ṣarf]
• Arabic Grammar [Naḥw]
Duration of the Course: Four Years [Two Semesters per year]
Tuition Times: Fluctuate according to modules. Most live classes will take place in the mornings [06h25 – 07h30 GMT+2] and evenings [19h30 – 20h30 GMT+2]. Recordings are available for all lessons.
Weekly Time Commitment: About six hours for live lessons or to watch their recordings and another one to three hours for review, homework and consolidation
Application Fee: R150 [Non-Refundable]
Cost: R2600 per Semester which is due within the first four months of the semester [Aug, Sep, Oct & Nov 2021] in equal installments [R650 per month] or as a lump sum after approval/ acceptance of one’s application.
De-Registration: Students will forfeit 25% if they de-register by the 20th of August and 100% thereafter.
The Medium of Tuition: Please visit the ‘How our courses work’ page on the homepage.
The applicant must be able to recite the Holy Qur’an in its original text of Arabic correctly without understanding. No previous knowledge of Arabic is required.
High Speed Internet and an Audio Headset